Monday 23 July 2007

Rain & Floods

Well we had a little good weather on Sunday and I was tempted to get the SV out for the short trip to work this morning. Checked the weather out of the window this morning and yep, it's raining again. Decided against it and brought the Fourtak in instead and boy am I glad I did! It's been raining non-stop all day :(

We missed the news completely this weekend and only managed to read the paper while we waited for our Chinese take-away. Seeing the images in there of the flooding around the country really brings it home to you. We have both friends and family living in or near the affected areas, thankfully they are all ok.

I'm glad we live on a hill, we are quite a few hundred feet above sea level here and nothing in the way of major rivers. The little ones we have around us are more like streams and nowhere near our house. I do wish I had fixed the leaky roof when I had chance though :(

I hope this post finds you well and that you are all safe, warm and dry. My thoughts are with all those people affected.




H4rri
~~
www.randomphotos.net

No comments: