Tuesday 7 August 2007

Macro work

Since selling my Canon 350D to replace it with a Canon 5D I found myself lacking alot of lenses. Most relevant to this particular topic was my macro lense, I previously had the Canon 60mm Macro but as this is an EF-S lense and not compatible with the 5D it had to go. I replaced it with the Canon 100mm Macro and expected the same quality from it as the 60mm. Sadly this isn't the case, it just doesn't seem to have the same quality as the 60mm in terms of build or image.

I have taken a few shots with it and persisted despite my reservations but this is mainly due to the fact that it will cost me in excess of £800 for the only other Canon alternative, the 180mm f/3.5 L Macro. Whilst I would love this lense it's just more expense and more weight, neither of which I can justify right now.

I did pop the 100mm on this weekend and used it as my only lense when wandering back toward the car at the river Parrett. Here are a few shots, see what you think:



















H4rri
www.randomphotos.net

No comments: