Tuesday 17 April 2007

Changing lenses

Earlier this year I had an issue with my copy of the Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS I bought with my Canon EOS 5D. I eventually took it into my local Jessops [whom I purchased it from] and they agreed it wasn't upto scratch. They changed it on the spot and I thought all my issues were solved. Well they weren't :(

I don't know about you but when I lose confidence in something try as I might I just fail to get it back. The faulty copy of this has 'tainted' my experience with this lense and I feel I need to change it. Couple this with my lack of use of the Canon 100-400 f/4.5-5.6 L IS I currently have and you can foresee an expensive change. I would be looking at the 24-70 f/2.8 L to replace the 24-105, now this would leave a hole in my focal range from 70-100mm and this is something I find myself using alot.

With this in mind I am also considering swapping the 100-400 out for the 70-200 f2/8 L, as of yet I am really undecided about whether to go for the IS version or not [an extra £400]. I don't really use the 100-400 so I'm unsure whether I would miss the IS until it's gone, and then it's too late.

So watch this space, I might just have 2 spanking new lenses and a 1.4x TC :) Or I might keep the old 100-400 and just buy 2 spanking new lenses, either way it's all good :)


H4rri
~~
www.randomphotos.net

No comments: